Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Last Post

So, this is my last venture into the school sponsored blogosphere. So here we go.

The team hurried down the tunnel, heading for Jericho's cave. I glanced at Dopple and raised my eyebrows. "You ready for this?" I asked. She nodded, her short brown hair swinging. "Of course." I glanced at Mirari and he shook his head before I could ask. "Of course I'm ready. We're more than a match for one terrakinetic." I nodded, my amplification suit clanking a little bit as we approached the chamber.

When we entered, the first thing I saw was Jericho. He was massive, as many terrakinetics are, at least six foot seven. He was wearing a shaolin priest's robe and his hair was spiky and dirty. His stern face was caked with mud and his brown eyes were bright with rage. "So, the Agency has sent you three." His deep voice echoed through the cave. "Come to apprehend me?"

I pursed my lips. "You were involved with the Anti-Agency. You, Echo and Blitz. We're taking you. Shiva, Balrog and Mixmaster and going after Echo. And Titan, 5 and Gainer are capturing Blitz."

He shook his head. "You have no idea what you're dealing with." Then he punched the air in front of him. Massive spires of rock shot out towards my team. I erected an energy shield, Dopple somersaulted out of the way and Mirari hid behind me, amplifying my powers to make my shield indestructible. Meanwhile, Jericho was on the move, charging towards me, since I was the biggest target. I blasted him with several kilowatts, but he had grounded himself before the battle had started and I was unable to make a dent. Suddenly, four Dopples catapulted in from the left and knocked Jericho flying. Judging by their undiminished strength, Dopple's powers were being amplified by Mirari's as well. The four Dopples circled around Jericho, trying to crack his armor and give me a clear shot. Jericho, however, had been trained well in martial arts and was easily holding his own. I didn't want to get directly involved, since my armor tended to get fragile around flying rocks and fists.

Finally, one of the Dopples landed a clean hit and cracked his armor. I channeled my amplified powers into a massive blast into the crack, in an attempt to overload Jericho's nervous system. It seemed to work as the large man collapsed to his knees. Suddenly, he looked at us and shook his head. "I told you, I refuse to be taken in again." He pressed his hands to the ground and the cave started to shake. "He's trying to cause a cave in! Run!" Mirari yelled, turning and heading for the exit. However, it was too late. Cracks spread across the ground at blinding speed, right beneath our feet. Before any of us could do anything, Mirari, Dopple, Jericho and I were all plunging into the abyss, the light of the cave disappearing as we fell...

TO BE CONTINUED....MAYBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment